1. The Yo-Yo originated as a weapon in the Philippine Islands during the sixteenth century.
2. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
3. The moon is actually moving away from Earth at a rate of 1.5 inches per year.
4. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
5. Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head".
6. The only nation whose name begins with an "A," but doesn’t end in an "A," is Afghanistan.
7. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
8. In 1938, Time Magazine chose Adolf Hitler for man of the year.
9. Humans and giraffes both have seven vertebrae bones in the neck. It’s not unusual for a mammal to have 7 vertebra bones in the neck but it’s interesting that the long neck of a full grown giraffe has the same amount.
10. Over 3 million people globally every month search for something online with the words "interesting facts" in it according to the most popular search engine.
11. Each year Disneyland uses over 5,000 gallons of paint to maintain the clean appearance of the park.
12. Giraffes can go without water longer than a camel.
13. Many people who read the word yawn or yawning begin to feel the urge to yawn.
14. The largest milk producing country by volume in the whole world is India.
15. If you are severely scared of going to the dentist or having dental work, you may actually have a phobia called odontophobia.
16. Almonds are members of the rose flower family or rosaceae family. The peach is also a member of the rose family.
17. Did you know the first bullet proof vest and windshield wiper blades were both invented by women.
18. Cold weather makes fingernails grow faster..
19. It takes about 7 minutes for the average person to fall asleep.
20. If the human stomach doesn't produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks it will totally digest it’s self.
21. Approximately one fifth of all the publications from Japan are comic books.
22. When water freezes it expands by 10%.
23. The only animal with four knees is the elephant.
24. If you have a deep genuine fear of the number 13, you may have Paraskevidekatriaphobia also called Friggatriskaidekaphobia or Triskaidekaphobia.
25. A mid-sized car launched today generates only an estimated 5% of the pollution which was generated by a car from fifty years ago.
26. The average person laughs 15 times per day.
27. The eye of an ostrich is larger than it’s brain.
28. Ants can pull about 30 times their own weight and lift about 50 times their own weight.
29. Snails can sleep for up to 3 years.
30. You cannot think of an English word to rhyme with the word month because there isn’t one.
31. If an infant becomes blind soon after they’re born they will still almost always see images in their dreams, but infants born with blindness will most likely never have dreams with images. People who were born blind do still have very emotionally intense dreams which include hearing, smells, feeling and taste. Now that’s an interesting fact about dreams.
32. Fires in the forest have been documented to move much faster up hill than down hill.
33. Human brains are estimated to be 70-75% water.
34. No other animal has a longer pregnancy term than that of the elephant which is documented at an average of 22 months.
35. During world war 2 the Oscar award given out by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was made of wood because most common metals were very scarce.
36. The active ingredient in most toothpastes is called sodium fluoride. Sodium fluoride can be lethal, young children using regular toothpaste with this ingredient should be monitored. Even swallowing small amounts can cause stomach problems or worst.
37. Buttermilk does not contain any butter.
38. One out of 500 people have an extra rib.
39. Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.
40. Orcas (killer whales), when traveling in groups, breathe in unison.
41. The Great Pyramids used to be as white as snow because they were encased in a bright limestone that has worn off over the years.
42. The word "toy" comes from an old English word that means "tool".
43. Smokers are twice as likely to develop lower back pain than non-smokers.
44. Humans are born with 300 bones in their body, however when a person reaches adulthood they only have 206 bones. This occurs because many of them join together to make a single bone.
45. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
46. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
47. The Koala bear is not really a bear, but is really related to the kangaroo and the wombat.
48. The largest employer in the world is the Indian Railways, employing over 1.6 million people.
49. China has more English speakers than the United States.
50. Tomato ketchup is a good conditioner for the hair. It also helps get the greenish tinge that some blonde haired people get after swimming in water with chlorine in it.